Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. – Mark Twain
I wasn’t sure if this should have been a sarcasm post instead of a saying. Why? Everyone, especially sports stars, rioters, news makers and celebrities seem to think that they are owed something. They are like the rest of us, the world owes you nothing.
You are what you make of yourself and the sum of your choices that got you where you are. That means the responsibility for life is yours to either buck up or suffer for not pulling your share. The responsibility is yours and no one else’s. Except for some circumstances that are random or uncommon, ou can take either the credit or blame for where you are in life.
My advice is to do good, stop blaming anyone else and make good choices.
I found this and agree with most of it. It was written by an introvert if you couldn’t tell by the first bullet.
I used the last bullet when raising kids. It kept them (mostly) out of trouble that a lot of my friends had to go through.
A lot of it really refers to personal responsibility for your actions and outcomes. I wish more people were doing that right now instead of blaming others for their problems or as an excuse to act improperly
- Books are your best friends.
- Looks do not reflect character.
- It is not necessary to impress people.
- It is OK to be single.
- Nothing happens by chance, everything happens by choice.
- Crying does not mean you are weak.
- Apologies can be accepted, but after that trust is usually denied.
- People treat you according to their need.
- You usually treat people like they treat you.
- If we believe life is a blessing, it becomes one.
- You are responsible for your own happiness.
- Being reason behind someone’s smile is utter bliss.
- Taking responsibility of your own life is the only way to create the life you desire.
- There is no excuse for binge drinking. The consequences may be serious.