IBM has not tackled SaaS the traditional way (CRM/ERP…BPO), nor has it (yet) offered a PaaS solution. Instead, we’ve enabled partners onto our platform, rolled out an appliance called the Blue Business Platform, offered some SaaS solutionsin the non traditional (CRM/ERP) space from some of our aquisitions like Sametime Unyte. Further, we have hosted virtually every SaaS vendor or application through our Services group….yes, even the market leaders we all know by name.
While I’ve personally been on over 100 analyst briefings for our SaaS offerings, it’s time to get to the customers and partners. We will be holding a SaaS event named Accelerating Business Value on October 15/16 in NY. Our story has been good and virtually every analyst we’ve spoken to has raved about our pricing structure, but now it’s put up or shut up in front of the buying audience.
Here is the tagline for the event:
Leverage Emerging Delivery Models to Accelerate Business Value – Bringing Line of Business Executives and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) Together.
The schedule is as follows:On Day One, “ISV Day” – Software vendors will
- Hear about IBM’s strategy for Blue Business Platform (BBP) and how they can engage as an IBM business partner
- Ascertain best practices from analysts and successful SaaS ISVs. Learn how to leverage IBM’s SaaS Partner program
- Discover how to grow their SaaS business by adding Business Intelligence and Collaborative capabilities
- Network with IBM executives and other IBM business partners
On Day Two, “Customer Day” – Line of business executives and IT decision makers will
- Learn how alternative IT delivery models can radically simplify the deployment of IT solutions
- Gain insights from CIOs, analysts and IBM partners who have already successfully integrated these new delivery models
- See demonstrations of relevant Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions from IBM SaaS partners
- Network with peer executives and subject matter experts
It’s very interesting when you put yourself out there to be judged. It was easy with the analysts as our story has been solid. But this is going to be like asking the best looking girl out for a first date. We’re putting our offering out there and inviting the top customers and partners to dance.